1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just got 2 10" kicker L5's.....what amp?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by DSpivey, May 29, 2010.

1. DSpivey

DSpivey Rockstar 100 Posts

I know kicker recommends the Zx750.1 amp, but I was wondering if anyone is running these subs with a different amp that may not be as costly?
  2. tigersdl65

tigersdl65 Rockstar 100 Posts

Man go ahead and get a good amp. you dont want the cheap stuff. I have two 12s on a 600 watt, and now i want more, so go big, or you will wind up wantin a bigger amp.
  3. DSpivey

yea i talked to a buddy about that this morning.....im still debating on whether or not to get a bigger battery too.
  4. kucz58

kucz58 New Member

i have those subs in my s10 and i have the zx750amp, and it hits i also have an optium yellow top just for the system.... i wouldnt go the cheap route in an amp u paid the money for the subs now dont makem sound like the civic kids who go and buy junk subs from bestbuy and dnt dyno matt the trunk so all u hear is the rattle on the trunk lid
  5. DSpivey

ok.....just needed a couple opinions but i think everyone has the same one. Im gonna try to get the amp soon, im about to die to hear these things.
  6. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

You don't Need the kicker amp, you could go with another amp that puts out the correct rms watts at the correct ohm rating. As long as it's a good quality amp from a good quality brand you should be just fine. How much have you found the kicker amp for?
  7. DSpivey

the cheapest I can find it is around $220.
  8. ZSI52

Is that on eBay? What ohms are the subs?

Try checking out audioque. I've heard nothing but good things about their products and customer service. Their lowest amp is 249 and it's perfect for those subs. You'll get a warranty Also when you buy the amp.
  9. DSpivey

they're 2 ohm. The 220 is on ebay & hifisoundconnection. A lot of people hate hifisoundconnection, but they have some pretty low prices. Ill check out audioque tho!
  10. ZSI52

I would get the audioque. I think it's the 1200D.

You can get it directly from the manufacture at www.audioque.com