1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

just got a hypertech max energy

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Peckens, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Peckens

Peckens Member

and i rate it -10 out of 10. i got this thing for my 04 silverado 2500hd 6.0 and no matter what i do ever since i installed it engine tumbles at only 4-500 rpm and dies if i put it in drive. so unless hypertech has a quick fix over the phone, they will be paying for my ecu to be flashed. i haven't seen a single disclaimer anywhere.

Do not buy this.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Does it tumble after removing the hypertech tune? Hypertech does have a 30 day return policy.
  3. Peckens

Peckens Member

the problem is it wont return it to stock even thouhgh it says it has. tune or no tune it tumbles now
  4. Shmeag

Shmeag Rockstar

Thats interesting. about a month after i programmed my rig with a hypertech programmer my transmission went out. The mechanic who rebuilt my tranny said that the programmer had nothing to do with it but im not so sure it didnt.