1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just got a new work truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Z-71, Oct 12, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Z-71

Z-71 New Member 100 Posts

99 GMC Sierra 2500 EXT cab runs and drives... I paid $800. It needs a couple little things like rockers and door handles but nothing major. The guy I bought it from is my friends uncle and he sold it because the security light keeps coming on (New ignition cylinder & key) and the abs kept kicking on (Speed sensors). It has 266,000 miles. I think it's going to make an awesome work/plow truck :happy:. What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks decent, I think for a work truck the price is right.
  3. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 100 Posts

I think you got a good deal. What power train does it have
  4. Z-71

6.0 4l80E... Not sure what gears though I'll have to check the codes in the glove box.

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked and it has 3:73 gears
  5. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 100 Posts

good setup
  6. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

IMO, that's a steal. May need a little work but a fairly new (not super old), functioning truck for $800 is awesome!
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Good deal. The issue is that here in Michigan, being a 1999, chances are there is not much of the rocker panels left.
  8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

nice thing is some of the panels on the 99-02s are the same as the 03-07 classics. everything but the front corner panels as far as i know. makes finding donors easy.

seems like a hell of a deal to me.

Alex
  9. Z-71

Thanks guys, I already replaced the door handles and the speed sensors. Next I am going to get the security light to stop flashing and repair the rockers And then it will be a very solid truck. I honestly planned on getting an early 90's or late 80's for the money I had and this just kind of fell in my lap so I jumped on it.
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Good buy on that truck. That's for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk