Just got a new work truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Z-71, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Z-71

Z-71 Rockstar 100 Posts

99 GMC Sierra 2500 EXT cab runs and drives... I paid $800. It needs a couple little things like rockers and door handles but nothing major. The guy I bought it from is my friends uncle and he sold it because the security light keeps coming on (New ignition cylinder & key) and the abs kept kicking on (Speed sensors). It has 266,000 miles. I think it's going to make an awesome work/plow truck :happy:. What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Looks decent, I think for a work truck the price is right.

3. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I think you got a good deal. What power train does it have

4. Z-71

Z-71 Rockstar 100 Posts

6.0 4l80E... Not sure what gears though I'll have to check the codes in the glove box.

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked and it has 3:73 gears

5. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

good setup

6. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

IMO, that's a steal. May need a little work but a fairly new (not super old), functioning truck for $800 is awesome!

7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good deal. The issue is that here in Michigan, being a 1999, chances are there is not much of the rocker panels left.

8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

nice thing is some of the panels on the 99-02s are the same as the 03-07 classics. everything but the front corner panels as far as i know. makes finding donors easy.

seems like a hell of a deal to me.

Alex

9. Z-71

Z-71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks guys, I already replaced the door handles and the speed sensors. Next I am going to get the security light to stop flashing and repair the rockers And then it will be a very solid truck. I honestly planned on getting an early 90's or late 80's for the money I had and this just kind of fell in my lap so I jumped on it.

10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Good buy on that truck. That's for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk