1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just got my first boat!

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by AnimalYates, May 20, 2013.

1. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts

Congrats on the purchase. Time on the boat is well spent. Every time I go to the dock it feels like a vacation. Yes, it's expensive, but I love it. It's one of only a few things I will get up early for on the weekends. Caught some stripers and fluke this past weekend and look forward to more this holiday weekend. Enjoy and share more pics!
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

That's a good looking boat, congrats on the purchase and have fun throwing money into a hole in the water ... I mean spending time on the water. :)
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

The nice thing about Dockmate fuel cells is their on wheels and have a 3' service hose with a fuel nozzle like a regular fuel pump, the two I have also have built in air pumps so you can pressurize them to about 20psi and you dont have to worry about being higher than the boat and gravity feeding the fuel.
  4. Chevy Girl

Chevy Girl Member Platinum Contributor

ooohhh ooohhh, I need to get out on the water. The weather is starting to get nice, perfect boating weather.
  5. RadoRage

RadoRage New Member

Boat looks good. Have it serviced before heading out or as soon as you can. No telling what may need some attention and you DO NOT want to get stuck on the water. It's not fun waiting for assistance or paddling back to shore, trust me.
  6. ChevyFan

Hey [MENTION=44497]AnimalYates[/MENTION] how was your first summer owning a boat?
  7. ChevyFan

That's true. A boat is a hole in the water that you thrown money into.