1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just got my rims back from being Black chromed!!!

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Dontlookforme, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Dontlookforme

Dontlookforme New Member

truck and rims photo.jpg black chrome rims.jpg square rim photo.jpg
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Very nice, where did you get this done at?
  3. Dontlookforme

Dontlookforme New Member

U.S. Wheel Exchange specializes PVD Chrome Process (PermaChrome) to factory original wheels.

[TABLE="class: contentpaneopen"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: contentheading, width: 100%"]Sales Department [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 40"] [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]26830 Liberal
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Center Line [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Michigan [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]48015 [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]U.S. [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 40"] [/TD]
    [TD]248-373-1300 [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
  4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That is what I am talking about. You said they were your factory rims. Were they the chrome clad ones? Can you give an idea on price?
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Wow I really like those! Did they acid dip the wheels first, or did they just go right over top the clear coat?

I was thinking about getting my rollbar dipped in black chrome, but It would cost more than the bar did when it was new...
  6. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member 100 Posts

Looks good.
  7. Dontlookforme

Dontlookforme New Member

New PVD Chrome Technology Replaces Traditional Chrome.
    ****The PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) process is environmentally-green.
    ****All PermaChrome PVD wheels are backed by a full 5 year/100,000 mile warranty.
    ****PVD coating weighs less than chrome plating for increased fuel economy.
    ****Bright Chrome PVD has a richer look compared to chrome plating.
    ****Our Black Chrome PVD—There’s nothing like it on the road! PermaChrome PVD has the largest inventory of Chrome and Black Chrome PVD wheels in the U.S. PVD or Physical Vapor Deposition is a patented cutting-edge wheel finish technology that combines vacuum plating with powder coating as a durable and environmentally-green alternative to traditional chrome plating. PermaChrome PVD Wheels has recently opened a new West Coast facility in Fullerton, California, to handle a much greater production capacity.

They run about $200 per wheel, and I had an old set of rim and tires I used when I sent my rims off. Mine rims were the brushed aluminum look. I don't know how they prep the rims...... I pulled some info off of an email they sent me above. If y'all have any questions just ask! P.S.- absolutely no flaws in the finish, and the camera doesn't do these rims justice! They look 10x better in the sunlight they "POP"!
  8. aloxdaddy99

They do look sweet!! You beat me to it. I almost wish I could sell my bike now so I could get my rims done.
  9. Dontlookforme

Dontlookforme New Member

What kinda bike you got?? I got a friend in ATL that had his stolen and is looking for another..........
  10. aloxdaddy99

It's an 06 streetglide. 107" motor. Baker 6 spd tranny. 200/55/18 rear 21" front. Has about 2k miles on the rebuilt motor.