1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just got screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by vncj96, May 26, 2009.

1. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

So, I was too buy a hypertech III for the Beast today for 125 had to drive an hour and fifteen to get it, met the guy at his work, and (in dumb jock airhead voice) "Ahhh sorry, I sold it Friday, some guy called and wanted it, sorry bud!!" M*therF*@#er!!! I filled my 44 gallon tank at 2.39 a gallon to come all they way up to buy this and you sold it on a whim and didnt bother sending me an email. First time I have got screwed by a craiglist sale/buy. But I got a line on one for $100 so keep my fingers crossed.
    Last edited: May 26, 2009
  2. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 New Member

That sucks!!:fighting0019:
  3. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear about the drive. Some people just have no common decency and it's those that just 'don't get it'.... need common sense to have common decency and ppl like that are just SOL.
  4. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT New Member

I've had that happen before on craigslist but they were at least nice enough to let me know that someone had called and offered more money. Hope the $100 one works out for ya. Got my fingers crossed for ya.
  5. Falcone

Falcone New Member

I would have waited till he left then bled his tires. Don't slash thats vandilism. Just bleed, He'll think you slashed though. I've been f'd over by some guys for paintball marker deals before. Redheads don't handle that well.
  6. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

I've been buying/selling on craigslist for some time. Sellers and buyers can be a disappointment. Some sellers take lousy pics and offer less than accurate descriptions. Buyers promise you that they are coming and never show up. I find that if I'm traveling a distance, I get a phone number to call while I'm on the way. I'm not driving 45 minutes to a "sorry I sold it." If I have a hot item, I let the first caller know that they must commit to a specific date/time and that beyond that it is first come first serve.

Hope you get your HIII. btw some models will only program one vehicle at a time, so if it is used, the original vin must be deprogrammed before it will allow a second vehicle to be programmed. I tried borrowing one from a buddy and found that out.
  7. wheatley

wheatley New Member GMTC Sponsor

That sucks.
    Well if you want a custom tune done send me a pm.We have what you want!!:happy:
    Wheatley
  8. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts

That really sucks. I probably would have done donuts on his lawn. On accident of course.
  9. North44

North44 New Member

Some people just don't have common courtesy. Hopefully deal #2 works out better for you.
  10. Rossy

Rossy New Member

I once had someone post a GE washer/drier for sale get out there to look at it and it's some off brand... It wasn't a 45min drive though :( sorry to hear that man. I did on another note have great luck selling my explorer on CL took 5 hours from posting it to having a deposit down on it.