Just got this from SEMA News...2014 Silverado.......Info....

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Enkeiavalanche, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Thanks for passing it on. With the "camo" on the front it is hard to tell any changes to the nose. But it does look like the bed is taller and the rear wheel openings look bigger. Maybe the front's will be reshaped to fit larger tires from stock.

3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Yeah it is hard to tell with all that camo, but I hoping the changes are more that subtle. I was hoping the new generation will be coming out soon. I mean after 7 years lets change it up a little more IMO

4. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I wonder if they will beat Ford to the punch with the extensive use of aluminum. Ford is going to use aluminum in place of steel to drop 700lbs off the weight of the F150. And that, with the use of the ecoboost engine or the base 3.7L V6 will give the truck better mileage. If Chevy does this with the Silverado, it will be a great move on their part.

5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

If you have seen the numbers There Great Eco Truck gets about the same MPG as GM's V8 so not so great for them Plus FORD loves to LIE about there numbers and Boost them to beat the other Co's WITHOUT doing anything to the motor or drivetrain.. And it has been proven...

6. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yeah, their trucks have been "massaged" a little as far as the real world power and all that is concerned. Comparing MPG on the 5.4L in the F150 to the 5.3L in the Silverados, the Silverado trumps hands down. Even the ecoboost engines barely do better in MPG but they also offer way more power numbers than the 5.3L. I am sure that if it were possible to do start/stop or something, it could have better mpg. I have seen 23mpg on my mostly stock Silverado going from Bakersfield, Ca to LAX including the 405 traffic. Now I am lucky to see 20mpg because I leveled the truck and added larger rims and tires.
    i am curious to see what numbers they come out with for the aluminum F150 though. Hope GM has something up its sleeve like a 6cyl turbo diesel or something like that. I'd buy one lol