1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

just letting you guys know

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by heavy chevy, Apr 23, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

After the recent flop of the superchips cortex tuner that I had I just now got my money back. With that money I got a sct tuner from Wait4me and it will be custom tuned to my specifications on what I want. I will be doing a review on if for any of you peps that want to know or that are interested in it. Jesse promissed that it would be what I am looking for and more and he seems to be a pretty strait shooter. I should have it by monday or tuesday. Im gonna keep my fingers crossed and I dont think this tuner will be a dissapointment like the superchips.

2. drumrob

drumrob Rockstar 100 Posts

Nice for sure I am interested to see how it works out for you. I have the 4.8 also, how much did you pay for the new programmer or service?

3. heavy chevy

it is 400 plus 10$ shipping. That includes the hand held and the 3 custom tunes done any way you want them. Also unlike the diablo sport sct is capable in removing your Tourque management. I am ready he only charges 15 bucks if you upgrade your truck also. Like if i put a turbo or nos or diffrent gears that isnt bad. The diablo i was looking at was gonna be 369 + 63 for the custom tune and that was only 1 custom tune this one comes with 3 made just for ur truck I am really excited and anxious to get it.

4. drumrob

drumrob Rockstar 100 Posts

So their is a torque management? By removing that I am assuming you will get more torque than stock right? I have hypertech and I like it but I want more more power in the lower rpm's

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Yoy said the Diablo doesnt have remove the torque managment, I have 05 Silverado with 5.3 and it does have the ability to turn off the t/managment. Does your new tuner have the ability for you to adjust the tunes? Did you take your truck to the tuner for your custom tune or is it done over the phone? Diablo and other tuners offer custom tunes, but I think the only way to get a true custom tune is if you tune on a dyno. Just my opinion.

6. heavy chevy

Actually Diablo does not support torque management for the nbs silverado at this time. Yes the sct tuner does allow you to adjust your tunes it seems to be just a lot like the diablo. As far as custom tunes go. I know that the main people that are raved about on the diablo forum sell there custom tunes mail order. As far as a dyno tune I agree this is the best way to go if you are going to drive on the dyno all the time and not in real life situations. The fact is that the dyno doesent account for hills or traffic or curvs. At least this tune allows you to data log and the tuner to see how your truck is reacting to the tune. In my opinion a street tune is better in the long run than a dyno tune. I am also sure that alot of other tuners will agree.

7. heavy chevy

From what I have gathered from the tuning world that it will make a diffrence in the way your truck preforms. But what hypertech and other tunes like superchips and edge dont take off is what hurts you. There are alot of things your gonna have to clean up in your motor and trany to get that off the line power. I have talked to alot of custom tuners and they agree that the off the shelf tunes will not preform as good beacause they dont tweak all of the things that they can . Off the shelf tunes have to target certain things that will allow them to sell a tune that will preform well weather it is on my truck or yours. The custom tune is tuned just for you and no one else it isnt going to run the same if i put your tune on my truck beacause we drive totally diffrent and out trucks preform totally diffrent. At 410 out the door I am gonna put my money in the hands of a person that is willing to give ME what i need. Instead of giving it to a person that is LIMITING what I get to save face in the performance world. The truth is some people are not willing to step out of the box of what is normal. To many people are stuck on the brand names like Superhcips and flowmaster or magnaflow or hypertech. I can tell you from experiance and I went and got proof. That my superchips cortex tuner that I had for my truck actually put up right at the same et times as my truck did stock. The fact is it might give you extra hp and torque but not all hp gives you speed. The custom tunes go more in depth and these guys that are doing it are doing it beacause they are tired of the corprate part of business. The reason why they have there own shops instead of working for BIG BUSINESS is beacause these guys are like me and you they want to make the most out of what they have and they dont want to shortchange the people they are doing work for. BIG business is all about shortchanging people. They figure if they can get 10 people to like there product that it is down hill from there. The fact is if the guy that is doing tunes for superchips and edge and hypertech was that dang good then he would be like the Independent shops and not working for big business.

Sorry for going into such a soap box but sometime you have to step outside the box and give the little guy a try.

I havent tryed the tune yet but when I do I will let you know. Heck if it will just smoke the tires it will be more than the superchips tune.

There are alot of custom tuners out there but to my knowledge jesse at w4mperformance is the only one doing hand helds rite now.

I am not banging on Diablo beacause they do make a good hand heald. I am just saying I would wrather Pay 410 for 3 custom tunes. Than 410 for 1.