1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just lifted the truck.! 2011 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by abe2012, Jul 29, 2012.

1. abe2012

abe2012 New Member

Hi there havent been on in a while, but i just got my truck back from TSD earlier this week. I had a 6" bds lift installed on 20" fuel hostage wheels and 35" toyo m/t's. I kept my leveling kit on there to give it that cali lean. Well i would really appreciate any comments or recommendations on what to do next, Been contemplating tow mirrors and what exhaust to get. Thanks!
    IMG_0341.jpg IMG_0349.jpg IMG_0347.jpg IMG_0345.jpg IMG_0343.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  2. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

In a look stand point maybe chrome Nerf bars, some window vent, mud flaps. Not saying it don’t look good, it does look real good.
  3. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 New Member

Wow, that's a nice truck!
  4. Do like the hostages. I say yes to tows and exhaust. But I am not a big fan of that much lean.
  5. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

I was assuming he was on a hill???
  6. abe2012

abe2012 New Member

Thanks guys for the feedback, but I'm not a big fan of steps or mudflaps, and yeah the Cali lean is definitely a personal preference. IMO it makes the truck look befier, but I'm also contemplating if I should leave the chrome or black it out ?
  7. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts

Got some ideas and feedback for you. I'm at work right now but I will post later.
  8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

I think it looks good. The only change I would make is to take that big azz Texas Edition emblem off!!
  9. Blacked out has been too played out IMO, I say keep some chrome like the moldings and the front grille but lose the Texas edition badging and keep the taillights red.
  10. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts

Well first the feedback. Truck is looking good. I think you got a great start, but personally I'm not digging the Cali lean. I think it would lokk better with a level lift. I would definitely lose the Texas Edition badging and I would demold it if I were you. LED taillights is a must. You can get red if you want to keep that color, but I would go with a smoke not black though. I think smoke would give it some contrast. I know some good sights to get great deals from shot me a visitor message if your intersted I give you the info. IPCW make some killer ones for Silverado's. I would also clear the headlights and get rid of the amber. Some people have it done some do it themselves. And I read that you didn't like the way steps looked but maybe you would like those AMP Research electric steps. They hideaway under the truck undetected. Got some other ideas hit me up if you want my two cents. Truck looks good love those wheels and tires.