1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just ordered TonnoPro Hard Fold HF-155 from Auto Accessories Garage.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stchman, Jan 8, 2013.

1. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I have been wanting a hard tonneau cover for my truck. I was a little shy about my last experience with the Extang SoildFold and the way Extang didn't honor their 3 year warranty. TonnoPro gives a lifetime warranty of the materials and 10 years on the vinyl covering the aluminum structure.

I decided to get the TonnoPro HF-155 tonneau cover. I found the item over at Auto Accessories Garage(AAG). Pretty much every site has it for $529 with all the sites not giving the 15% off they advertise. I called AAG and they too would not give me the 15% off because the manufacturer restricts the discounts.

AAG ended up giving me 10% off which brought the price down to $476.10 shipped. They were the best price I could find. Just letting the forum members in on a pretty good deal.

I will post some pics with the tonneau cover installed.
  2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Congrats on the new cover. I have the Extang Hard Trifold. What issue's did you have that they wouldn't help you on? I ask because I have had an issue with mine but I was able to get some help. I wasn't totaly happy with what they did for me but they made an attempt.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've had the TonnoPro tri fold cover on my truck for about 9 months, no problems to speak of and a good fit.
    I found mine new in the box for $255 which was a much better deal than anyone on the internet would give me. I went to a local flea market and bought from a parts vender that sets up there every weekend.
  4. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

tim, i think that is a different model. i, too, had a tonnopro tri-fold on my F**d, for about $275. But, stchman is talking about a "hard" tri-fold, which mine was not. I really liked mine, except the rear latches bent easily, and it had no front-of-bed access without total removal.

stchman...does yours have a lift-up front of bed access where you do not have to remove other sections first? I am looking for a tonneau with that feature, but the only ones I have found under $800 are the cheap snap covers. They are okay, but do not even provide limited security. Jim
  5. stchman

There is the TonnoPro TriFold (soft foldable tonneau cover) and the TonnoPro HardFold (hard foldable tonneau cover).

You can only access the front of the bed if you remove the cover, but you can fold the cover to get access to the back of the bed.

The HardFold and TriFold look identical as they both have a vinyl on the top, just the the HardFold uses aluminum panels underneath.

- - - Updated - - -

I had the Extang SoildFold and one day I was driving down the highway with the cover opened. The clips really didn't work all that well. Well the clips gave way and the cover unfolded. The back third of the cover was ripped off from its hinge and went on to the highway. I called Extang and after their "investigation" they deemed that they were not going to repair or replace the cover. They did offer to sell me another cover.
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

No I have the Hard Tri-Fold on my truck. I've got a soft Tri-Fold in the garage that I bought first and then a month later I found the hard Tri-Fold for a better price than I bought the soft one for.
  7. stchman

No the only way to get front of bed access is to remove the cover.

From what I've read, the G2 BakFlip will give you full bed access, but they are a lot more expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

I just got the TonnoPro cover. It actually took longer to get the thing out of the box than install the cover. The fit is pretty nice and the vinyl barely flutter when driving down the highway.

I will post pics of the cover on the truck.