1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just picked it up

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by rt1092, Feb 17, 2006.

1. rt1092

rt1092 New Member

I just picked up my Suburban Its a 95, 2 wd, 2500, 5.7 mtr, 4L80E trans. Its a no frills truck first bought by the New York Power Authority, they had it for 10 years. Total miles are 64,000. New tires (firestones) and new battery. Paint is very good , just a little rust on the bottom of the barn doors.
    I'm going to change the serpentine belt. Flush the antifreeze, and replace all the hoses.
    I'm going to get the trans flushed and install a deep pan and a shift kit.
    I plan to use synthetic fluid in the engine, trans and rear gears.
    I'm going to tow my race car trailer (26 ft enclosed)with this. Do I need to do anything to the suspension? I be using a weight distributing hitch and anti sway control.

Any other suggestions???
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

WOW, 64k for a 1995? That's low miles for that rig.

What's the weight on your trailer?
  3. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Get a front end alinement and change the fluid in the differential and you should be good to go.
  4. rt1092

rt1092 New Member

Thats what I'm doing. I'm going to flush the cooling system, put in fresh anti freeze. Put in a 195 dgree failsafe thermostat. Flush the trans and put in synthetic fluid, deeper pan and temp guage. Drain the rear end and install synthetic fluid.
    The alignment seems pretty good. it goes straight and doesent pull.
    Also I'll probably change plugs, cap, rotor, and wires.
    I want this to tow a trailer 8000 pounds with no problems
  5. ProzacKid

ProzacKid Rockstar 100 Posts

Git R Done! Sounds like a good rig with sweet low miles. What's the body like?
  6. rt1092

rt1092 New Member

The body is excellent, except for the barn doors a little bit of rust on the bottom of them. Plus got 5 brand new e rated tires and a new battery.
    I got lucky. Only $4050. On Ebay, would have gone for a lot more but it ended during the superbowl.
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yeah, you can find deals like that from time-to-time, good hunting.
  8. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

eBay can be a great way to find a vechile, especially becuase more and more local people are posting vehicles for sale. Don't have to travel to pick it up.