Just picked up a Z71

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Helltime, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Helltime

Helltime New Member

Hows it going. My name is Justin, i live in boring old iowa and I just picked up a 96 silverado extended cab last week and i am SO glad to be driving a fullsize again (first extended cab truck too!). I have only had the truck a week and i already love it, so far all it has done to it is a K&N sri and a hypertech power programmer III. Hopefully will do exhaust next spring but not sure ( i have an 85 mustang GT i play with so that takes most of the money).

[​IMG]

2. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the forum Justin! Good looking truck, congrats! :great:

My truck was also my first non-single cab. The extra room is great!

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site and congrat's on the new Z71! I had a '96 2wd for about 150,000 miles before I traded it in on a '99 3/4 short bed 2wd. Great trucks, have fun!

4. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome the site :sign0016:

5. kid clever38

kid clever38 New Member

Welcome...now I'm no longer the new guy! haha... :party:i just got my truck exactly a week ago! Exciting times! So how many ppl looked at you stupid and asked why you bought a truck when gas is so expensive?? Yah, I get that question daily....fortunately I rarely ever have to buy gas b/c of my jobby job.

6. Helltime

Helltime New Member

Parents, EVERYBODY at work and a couple of friends haha. Especially because i got rid of an 07 cobalt LS 5 speed that got 32mpg city and 42mpg+ runnin 55-65mph on the highway :lol:But i don't care. I missed having a truck so much i just HAD to get another haha. I love it though. Thanks for the welcome everbody.

7. Jungle

Jungle Member

my father has the same model....... runs forever, just service it

8. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the forum!