1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just picked up a Z71

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Helltime, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Helltime

Helltime New Member

Hows it going. My name is Justin, i live in boring old iowa and I just picked up a 96 silverado extended cab last week and i am SO glad to be driving a fullsize again (first extended cab truck too!). I have only had the truck a week and i already love it, so far all it has done to it is a K&N sri and a hypertech power programmer III. Hopefully will do exhaust next spring but not sure ( i have an 85 mustang GT i play with so that takes most of the money).

[​IMG]

2. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the forum Justin! Good looking truck, congrats! :great:

My truck was also my first non-single cab. The extra room is great!
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site and congrat's on the new Z71! I had a '96 2wd for about 150,000 miles before I traded it in on a '99 3/4 short bed 2wd. Great trucks, have fun!
  4. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 1000 Posts

Welcome the site :sign0016:
  5. kid clever38

kid clever38 New Member

Welcome...now I'm no longer the new guy! haha... :party:i just got my truck exactly a week ago! Exciting times! So how many ppl looked at you stupid and asked why you bought a truck when gas is so expensive?? Yah, I get that question daily....fortunately I rarely ever have to buy gas b/c of my jobby job.
  6. Helltime

Helltime New Member

Parents, EVERYBODY at work and a couple of friends haha. Especially because i got rid of an 07 cobalt LS 5 speed that got 32mpg city and 42mpg+ runnin 55-65mph on the highway :lol:But i don't care. I missed having a truck so much i just HAD to get another haha. I love it though. Thanks for the welcome everbody.
  7. Jungle

Jungle New Member

my father has the same model....... runs forever, just service it
  8. omegafiler

omegafiler New Member

Welcome to the forum!