Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just used my new Mityvac 7201 and it is great.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by stchman, Sep 19, 2013.

1. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I bought the Mityvac 7201 from Amazon for $92 shipped. I un-boxed it and used it to suck out the power steering fluid in the reservoir. The Mityvac made short work of the task. I filled the reservoir back up and was done pretty quick.

Next up I am going to attempt to suck the ATF out of the pan and refill.

Edit:
    Another great thing about the 7201 is you reverse the pump and it will suck the fluid back out and you can put it back into your waste oil.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had to google the 7201 model to see what it was. The first thing that came up was amazon for $80 with free prime shipping. I may have to invest in one of these at some point. I have a cheap harbor freight hand vac pump that works ok, but I would like some thing better.
  3. stchman

SERIOUSLY, I just got my 7201 on September 12 for $92.01, now Amazon dropped the price to $80!!!!!

Amazom has free shipping on all orders over $25 anyway so the Prime stuff does not matter.

It is one pump that definitely sucks in a good way.
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

If you call amazon they will credit you the amount the price dropped its in their policy. Especially if the drop is that recent.
  5. Pikey

Yep, I just looked at it! I know what you mean about amazon's prices. I found that if I look around I can get a good deal. I was able to buy my Bilstein rear coil springs for $40 each. They same seller had them posted at $98 each (the price everyone else sells them at) I jumped on that before they noticed their mistake. The springs drop shipped directly from Bilstein.
  6. stchman

Thanks!!!!! I called Amazon and they refunded me the price difference.
  7. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

No problem!
  8. Pikey

Wow! Good to know. That is awesome. Conlan and I will split the money that they refunded you. $6 will buy me some beer and Conlan some milk! We take paypal :lol:
  9. stchman

If @Pikey and @Conlan Rose are ever in the St. Louis area, I will buy some beer and milk.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all the well wishes, but at $80.99, the Mityvac 7201 is an AWESOME buy, I highly recommend.

I had been wanting a good fluid pump for a long time. I have a pump that works by hooking it up to the battery, but that one sucks so poorly that I never use it.
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What is this? Can we get a pic inserted into this thread or at least a link?