1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just wanted to check in and say Hi since I have not been on in awhile. My 89 sub...

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 80 grit, May 30, 2011.

1. 80 grit

80 grit New Member

...urban project is coming along. I received my multi-carrier bumper from tactical armor group and it is kick butt. I am going to have it rhino lined along with the front bumper and a strip down both sides. I have some N fab side bars on order...

I finally have all the quarters welded in place and most of the ruff in work done. I am probably 8 hours of body work away from a trip to the spray booth.

Today, however, I got some bad news. My A/C compressor is shot so I have to fix that now. I can't believe how much the freon has gone up since last year, UNBELIEVABLE!!!

A/C is a must in this sweat hole called Florida. Anyway, I will post up some more pics of the progress soon. Happy Memorial day and RIP for those who gave all!

80 Grit
  2. jake's silverado

jake's silverado New Member 100 Posts

PICTURES!!!
    Yes AC golden right now. \would considering a retro fit kit to current standards be an option ? I don't know but worth a look!
    Pat
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

This is sounding cool... Lets see some pics..
  4. 80 grit

80 grit New Member

Here are a few links to my other posts on this resto:

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...d-trim-on-my-89-burban...&p=347153#post347153

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...-up-and-I-found-myself...&p=357954#post357954

Those where the first few rounds...for a picture of the multi-carrier you can go to tacticalarmorgroup.com Once in there you can click on the option for 89 suburban. They have a picture of one...Mine has a double gas can carrier, cb antenna, jack carrier, and tire carrier.

Here are some pictures of the last go round on the body work:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  5. hoosyurdaddy

hoosyurdaddy New Member

Awesome,I will be following your progress as I get ready to tackle my 88.
  6. jake's silverado

jake's silverado New Member 100 Posts

keep your fluid intake up.... looks good!
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The 'Burb looks good already, sure it will look great when finished.