1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just wanted to introduce myself...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by rwhitbeck, Apr 22, 2007.

1. rwhitbeck

rwhitbeck Rockstar

Hello, everyone. My name is Ron and I currently live in Mesa, Arizona. I just bought a 1988 GMC Suburban 4x4. I am new to the Suburban scene, so if anyone can help me out with the best place to get aftermarket gear, I would be very appreciative. Right now, I am looking primarily for a good bar/step setup to put on it...it already has a small lift, and between my bad knees and my wifes bad back, getting in can be quite a task! I am also looking for a roof mounted rack if anyone can tell me where I might look for that as well...please just keep in mind that I am only looking right now...not quite buying. I have enclosed some photos of a Suburban that looks almost identical to the one I just bought...the side bars and roof rack are exactly what I am looking for! I will also be looking very soon to do whatever I can to the engine (350 w/TBI) to increase my mileage a bit...apparently, Arizona has above average fuel prices right now!

So how many more people are there from my neck of the woods? Hope to talk to some of you!

Nice to meet everyone and thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Didn't you introduce yourself already. :) :lol:
  3. rwhitbeck

rwhitbeck Rockstar

I think I did it in a couple of places...here and in the Regional Forum West...I thought it was best that way...maybe not...but maybe so. :lol:
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

You sir, are a man that likes to cover his bases and pay attention to detail! :great: