1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

K&N 57 Series Installed

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ippielb, Apr 6, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

some pictures. i'm sad my spacer wont fit
    :grrrrrr:

Attached Files:

2. drumrob

drumrob Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks really good!!! How much did you pay for your spacer?

3. ippielb

I paid $127, plus taxes,(Canadian) I'm really curious if i bought a Airaid cold air intake, if the Airaid Poweraid spacer would fit with it, because i could sell this intake this weekend, i have a buyer.

4. drumrob

drumrob Rockstar 100 Posts

Thats a good questionI dont see why it wouldn't I would contact Airaid 1st just to make sure

5. ippielb

I'll phone them today actually! That would make sense for airaid to make both of their products compatible. Good idea! Never thought of that.

6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Damn that is close! I never realized how close the mechanical fan comes to those intakes, boy am I glad that I have electric fans on mine! The intake looks good on there though, glad that you went with the plastic tube too. Very smart idea, unlike me. :glasses:
    [​IMG]

7. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

thats weird the spacer didnt fit. I would contact airaid as they said. looks good tho!

8. ippielb

Didn't get any spare time to phone airaid today, but I'll be phoning them tomorrow when i get back home. Hopefully i get a justified answer, not one like, "well, buy it and see", also sealed the deal with my K&N 57 Series to someone in the city, time to take it off tomorrow and put'er back in the box. Clean my old filter as best i can, then order in a airaid with my money from the K&N, i paid $300 for it on sale, selling it for $380, every shop is selling it for around $500. So, the guy im selling it to is getting a good deal, eh? Around 90 kilometers used, or you american folks, 56 miles.

9. ippielb

Went to the shop today, my throttle body spacer final arrived in the mail. Asked the owner if he knew if it would have enough clearance. he didnt know, but he got me my answer! Phoned around for me! What a nice guy, so airaid said there wouldn't be a clearance issue, and it would all fit just fine! So, i ordered one in, and i'm taking my K&N off, and selling it this Saturday!

10. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

glad to hear you got it figured out