1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

K&n and throttle body problems

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by wallstetter, Jul 17, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. wallstetter

wallstetter New Member 100 Posts

i put a new k&n cai on my truck 2002 chevy 6.0 2500hd and i had to take a throttle body spacer off the truck that the previous owner put on..the fan would hit the intake tub if i didnt take it off..now the the pedal sticks when you go to puch on the gas only at the beginning..as soon as you get it past the intial push it is fine..it just doesnt want to move once its back to idle position or neutral position i guess you can call it..not sure exaclty what to look for or what it could be and help would be great and thanks for any advice
  2. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

This sounds like throttle plates sticking in the venturi/housing. With engine off, look in there while you twist the throttle by hand. You should be able to see & feel the resistance at the same time. Also could have something to do with taking the throttle spacer off & the effect that had on the throttle ?.?