1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

K&N issue ..??

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by TahoeFever, Nov 13, 2007.

1. TahoeFever

TahoeFever New Member

You guys with the K&n's do you get a really loud roar when you step on the gas ? i mean it's so loud that you kinda need to turn up the radio :glasses:
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts

It takes some getting used to. You can really tell when you stick your foot into it so in a way, you can try to be easy on that throttle to not make the deep throaty noise. But that's no fun now is it?:rofl:
  3. TahoeFever

TahoeFever New Member

heck no :lol::rofl:
  4. no0b123

no0b123 New Member

A friend of mine bought one for his truck, and complained that it was too loud for hunting..... :rofl:

Duh! He had it removed, and has always given me a hard time for having a louder muffler installed in my truck. I tell him its no fun without a lot of noise!
  5. collinsperformance

collinsperformance New Member

this is the sound or air going into the motor and it is a good sound to me....mike
  6. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

K&N and catback exhaust with a flowmaster or magnaflow is standard issue for all Knights of the Loud Pedal.
    [​IMG]
  7. TahoeFever

TahoeFever New Member

well thats what I thought and besides I do love the way it sounds nice and powerfull ..makes those little kia's come up and when i roar to pass they kinda slow down ...gotta love it !

awsome smiley!
  8. Wardi

Wardi New Member

I agree it's loud, but I love it. I actually use my right peddle instead of the horn!!! Really - I notice I used the horn less, which is saying something in the Glendale, CA area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts

Do you have the full K&N intake pipe and cone filter with bottom mounting plate, Tahoe?
  10. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

I've got a K&N, but its been modified (what hasn't been on my truck...). I will take some pics and post them sometime soon. Since I have all the suspension work I lost the use of the box. We actually cut, angled, and rerouted the piping and it sits next to the intake cover now.