K&N issue ..??

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by TahoeFever, Nov 13, 2007.

1. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

You guys with the K&n's do you get a really loud roar when you step on the gas ? i mean it's so loud that you kinda need to turn up the radio :glasses:

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It takes some getting used to. You can really tell when you stick your foot into it so in a way, you can try to be easy on that throttle to not make the deep throaty noise. But that's no fun now is it?:rofl:

3. TahoeFever

heck no :lol::rofl:

4. no0b123

no0b123 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

A friend of mine bought one for his truck, and complained that it was too loud for hunting..... :rofl:

Duh! He had it removed, and has always given me a hard time for having a louder muffler installed in my truck. I tell him its no fun without a lot of noise!

5. collinsperformance

collinsperformance Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

this is the sound or air going into the motor and it is a good sound to me....mike

6. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

K&N and catback exhaust with a flowmaster or magnaflow is standard issue for all Knights of the Loud Pedal.
    [​IMG]

7. TahoeFever

well thats what I thought and besides I do love the way it sounds nice and powerfull ..makes those little kia's come up and when i roar to pass they kinda slow down ...gotta love it !

awsome smiley!

8. Wardi

Wardi New Member

I agree it's loud, but I love it. I actually use my right peddle instead of the horn!!! Really - I notice I used the horn less, which is saying something in the Glendale, CA area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Do you have the full K&N intake pipe and cone filter with bottom mounting plate, Tahoe?

10. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

I've got a K&N, but its been modified (what hasn't been on my truck...). I will take some pics and post them sometime soon. Since I have all the suspension work I lost the use of the box. We actually cut, angled, and rerouted the piping and it sits next to the intake cover now.