1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

K&N looking for 2009 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Reigis, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Reigis

Reigis New Member

Hi guys, my name is Reina Gamez and I work for K&N in the R&D department. We are currently working on developing an intake for the Silverado 4.8L and 5.3L. So if you live in or near the Riverside, CA. area you can either email me at reinag@knfilters.com or call me at 951-826-4000 ext. 4458. If we use your truck you will receive the intake for free.

Thanks
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Very cool. :)
  3. 2008blackWT

2008blackWT New Member

Man i wish i lived in cali.
  4. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

i wish i was in cali too
  5. kevindsingleton

kevindsingleton New Member

You'd put up with all the cr*p associated with living in California just to get a free intake? :gasp:

You can move there, you know!:lol:
  6. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 New Member

I'd do this but to bad mine is a 07 nbs.:grrrrrr:
  7. 2008blackWT

2008blackWT New Member

Yeah your right no that one. But only for my other car. For my truck thou I dont have anything done to it that would make me worry about it. But then dealing with the emmison's bull sh*t just to live there if a pain. Dont get me wrong i love living here in texas with it weird weather and all. but a free intake would be nice.
  8. NJBLK1500

NJBLK1500 New Member

I have an 09 1500 5.3, but I'm on the opposite coast in NJ.
    I installed a 63 series K&N intake on my truck. I ordered the 08 kit and quickly found out why this kit is only good thru 08.
    The MAF on the 09 is one piece with the top of the stock airbox. I cut the MAF off of my stock airbox and the rest of the install went without a problem.
    As far as the R&D for K&N the only way I can see for a simple design for a drop-in install would be to include a MAF in the kit...but what would that do to the Price???
    I think that some people would be a little nervous to go and cut parts off of their stock airbox...I was a little nervous, but crazier enough to get the FIPK installed.