K&N Vs Volant COI Systems

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by SouthWolf, Sep 2, 2009.

1. SouthWolf

SouthWolf New Member

I am looking to put a COI system on my '09 but I am pretty torn between the K&N or the Volant. Is there anyone out there that have tried both systems and has a preference or know of any test that have been run to compare these two? If any have used either and has feedback about it, that would be appreciated as well. Thanks in advance.

2. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Well I knda of sort have tried both I run a volant in my truck and my Quad has a K&N as did my last truck, truth being I dont see much of a difference performance wise. they do the same thing I personaly have the volant now just decause every one else has the K@ N

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Both of the CAI's you have picked are Very good!!....But K&N does not have a CAI out for the 09' that have the 5.3,Last I heard.With that said I have a K&N and I am Very Pleased with Performance I have Received from It.

4. SouthWolf

SouthWolf New Member

HAHA. You sound like me a bit. If there isn't a performance or MPG difference between using either one, I will probably use the volant to be deferent.

5. SouthWolf

SouthWolf New Member

This is true, but they do have one out for the '08 5.3, I wonder if it would fit just the same? I was also thinking that I liked how Volant has a completly sealed box for the filter and in the previous K&N systems I've installed they did not. Does anyone know if the newer systems are different?

6. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Heya Mike I didnt Know that K&N didnt have a CAI for 09 I'll stuff that in my melon for future referance!

7. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It is true sadly,If you go to K&N's Web site,All K&N has for the 5.3 liter is the stock Filter Replacement.Yes there is a CAI for the 08',

8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

LOL, X2 on the Volant to be different, although they are gaining popularity now!

9. kylegillean

kylegillean Former Member

someone needs to make a sticky of this. cause someone asks this every week.

10. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

yes the k & n that I got can be sealed or open It comes with a lid.