Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

K1500, Topkick cab swap

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by scrap, Dec 29, 2011.

1. scrap

scrap New Member

Hey everyone,
    I'm new here, but been driving chevy trucks for ever. My question is can I put a 1990 Topkick cab on my rusted out 1989 K1500. I,m not to worried about things like mirrors and little stuff, I,m concerned about floor board and firewall orientation. For example will the brake booster and steering column line up. Has anyone done this and if so what issues did you have.
    Thanks Scrap

2. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

Sure you can, you will have plenty of mods to do. Start measuring each truck & putting it on paper, will get better view. Topkick should have a lot of room in engine bay compared to your truck & chassis should also be wider & straight compared to your pick up.
    Should be a nice project

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Never tried it but I have looked at the possibility.
    Most items line up with little or no issues except the body mounts need to be moved forward on the frame and you need some really big tires to fill the wheel wells or it'lll look funny.