1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

K5 Blazer Forum

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by ChevyFan, Mar 19, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Who's got a K5 Blazer on this site? I know there must be 100 or more, let's get a roll-call and post some photos of your ride in this thread too!

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I do, 1987 K5 Blazer w/350 TBI, 700R4 tanny, 4" lift, 35" BFG M/T's and Silverado trim package.

[​IMG]

3. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I do...or did.
    It's a '75 Jimmy High Sierra that's been sitting in the woods for 15 some years just waiting for the perfect tub to rebuild it. My father-in-law just told me Thursday that a tree fell on it during the last storm.
    I'll take a camera today for Easter dinner and see what the damage is.
    Anyone interested in a '75 Jimmy frame/running gear? I'll throw the body in for free!

Happy Easter,

4. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Sigh...

If a tree falls in the woods...

Here is Mr. James, my 1975 GMC Jimmy High Sierra. Bought it in '87, just out of the Army, and drove it until it wouldn't go anymore. It sat in a couple of different yards, and eventually out to the woods.

I always had plans to redo it, even found bodies a couple of times over the years, just never got it done. The tree came down about six days ago. rats.

So if this forum takes off, and you're near Michigan, I have a good frame, running gear, glass and other parts for the old man, let me know.

R.I.P. Mr. James

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  5. cdvntx

cdvntx Rockstar

1975 Blazer. It has a whole new drive train. I have stripped it down, interior and exterior, hoping to have the paint and body work done soon.
    [​IMG]

6. hubbalicious

hubbalicious New Member

hey could you send me some pic`s of the interior of your truck. i would like to see how the pannels are to look. I have the interior on my 88 jimmy to do, and i`m not to sure on how it should look

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  7. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers New Member

I have an 87 K5 blazer, the one in my avatar

8. cdvntx

cdvntx Rockstar

The only thing left in the interior are the seats

9. werty

werty Rockstar 100 Posts

nice one darcy
    i have 91 fullsize
    last of the "real"blazers
    :happy:

10. Jaimebaby

Jaimebaby New Member

My '85

I have a '85 K5, 6in lift with 37's. Put a cammed up 350 in it that came out of a '78 short wide, stripped out the carpet & Rhino-lined the inside... easy clean up :)

Dirty Blazer.jpg