Member Feedback Keep up the good work!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by McClintoc, Dec 13, 2015.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

As many of you know, I recently switched teams and I drive an F-150 now (make your jokes, I can take it! :cool:). In my search for F-150 mods I came across an F-150 forum and joined it. I must say, it's no where near as nice as around here.

By that, I mean the quality of people that make up the forum population. Things here are kept respectable and helpful, as a forum should be. Over at the F-150 forum, there are a lot of a-holes and the mods don't seem to do much. Unfortunately, a lot of forums I am on or have been on are like that.

GMTC is a rare haven of respect, help, intelligence and rationality. Seriously, keep up the good work everyone!

2. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

No jokes about having an F150 now, it was your choice based on sound reasoning. Great post from you about this site! All the more reason I stay here. I also might add it is a great place to learn about our trucks as well. Don't be a stranger here.

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The attitude of members and mods around here has been a huge contributing factor why I continue to come to this site.
    As a member/mod of quite a few other sites I see exactly the animosty you mention, why continue to come back to a site that you get more grief than help from.

4. BuckeyeZQ8

BuckeyeZQ8 Member

I can vouch for that observation. I got my 2002 S10 in Oct 2015. I joined a few forums at that time. I've asked some questions and made some choices - some good and some inadvisable- along the way with mods and repairs. I've made some mistakes. The result? Some forum members are courteous and very skilled, helpful in responding. But there are others who are skilled and near sociopathic in responses, comments, etc. I also would categorize them as immature "adult" bullies. Also, I'm not a prude, but seriously...what's the point in using/posting foul language in a thread? By the way - I think Ford has (ahem) finally gotten its exterior design act together and the new F150 is pretty darn sharp. Yes, I respect the refusal of government handout too. I personally think they need to update the Ford logo.....but tradition/marketing rules I suppose. Alas....I'll always be a Camaro guy...boo 'stang.

Anyway, I do wish that THIS forum had the amount of technical depth and large membership (particularly in my S10 area) of some others. But then again...it's quality, not quantity, right?

Goldie likes this.