Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Keeping Black Plastic Black?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by raiderman8112, Apr 15, 2009.

1. raiderman8112

raiderman8112 Rockstar

I'm having the issue of keeping my black plastic staying black. Does anyone have any ideas of what to try other thank Mothers Back to Black, I try this and once it rains or after a few days it looks as if it did before I put it on. I also ran into the issue of getting alittle wax on the plastic as well and cant get that off either.
  2. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

I would say use some armor all on the plastics. I use the meguires plastic spray every so often just to blacken it more but then I use armor all and it keeps it looking decent. And a big spray bottle of armor all is only like 5 bucks
  3. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

the best way i've found to get the wax off of the plastic is with a toothbrush and some simple green and a little elbow grease. i also use armor all on my plastic and it keeps it shining real nice
  4. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Black Magic silicone spray works pretty good it just real slick so dont put it on running boards or seats or pedals
  5. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I use Turtle Wax Ice paste wax. It can be applied to plastic trim and keeps it protected. Just make sure you don't over-apply to textured plastic. I've heard where people get white build-up on their textured trim by using too much.
  6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I am going to try the simple green and the tooth brush thing, you are the first person I have come across that didn't just say "oh man you have to replace the trim, there's no way to get that off!" Thanks for the tip, I am going to try it as soon as summer time rolls around.

I agree with Dr. Zero on the black magic silicone. I use that stuff twice a year when I wax my truck and it stays black for several months even with the rain. I have made the mistake of putting it on the step pads of my step bars, and my dad slipped and almost broke his leg because his foot slipped in between the step bar and rocker panel. He cussed me out to high heaven!:happy:
  7. 88Jimmy4X4

88Jimmy4X4 New Member

Try the Mothers Back To Black. I use it on all my trucks with great results.
  8. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

heck i got the wax off of mine with soap and water.
  9. 04blackz71

04blackz71 Rockstar 100 Posts

to get wax off plastic use wd 40 and a lil elbow grease and it come off
  10. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

:rofl:

I do the Armor All as well. Seems to protect well if you do it somewhat regularly (aka when you clean the inside of the truck)