1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Keeping clean in winter

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ChevyFan, Dec 5, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Who keeps their rig clean during the winter? Who just doesn't even try that much?

This includes interior and exterior.

2. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

I make a 1/2 hearted attempt at best. I'm in the mountains some weeks and it's just a mess with the snow and ice. Down in Albq it's a little different, and I can stop to vacuum or whatever. :glasses:

Now, I think that it's probably a good idea to clean it up if you can. Keeps from having to do a major detail in the spring.

3. ProzacKid

ProzacKid Rockstar 100 Posts

I have read that you should do a detail twice a year, probably spring and fall, to help keep the value of your vehicle up. So it's a good idea to clean it consistently during the winter so you can do that detail in the spring easier. :neutral:

4. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I actually just detailed the truck about a week ago, inside and out. I normally clean it even more during the winter since it isn't 110 degrees outside. December... 70-80 degrees... perfect.

Then again, if I lived up north, I probably wouldn't want to spend all that time cleaning the truck if it's just going to end up in snow again. But the interior can stay clean, no excuse for that. With exception to the floor mats of course.

5. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I know I should but never do, especially in the winter. Sometimes if it gets real bad I will hose it off at the car wash, underneath.

Inside, well when ever the wife heads to her mothers I give it the once over inside. She, her mom gets pissed when Melanie goes down to visit and there is hay in the beast.

6. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The weather is pretty nice here in the winter so I'll do my best to clean it once a week like I normally do. Nothing worse then a fresh clean truck then next day its off in the gravel and mud.

7. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I try and keep the inside picked up and wiped down and when it's not raining I will run it throught the car wash. Summertime I get more serious about detailing because it lasts longer:happy:

8. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

Mine stays clean year round. I wash it once a week whether it needs it or not. Big time shows start in February and it makes things much simpler to work on if its already clean for the most part.

9. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

In the winter only the interior. I don't do the exterior it will be clean for 5 minutes :no:

10. Skarch

Skarch Rockstar 100 Posts

Thats the one thing that is nice about the Texas winters, you can wash it when the temperature pops up to 70 or so.

I keep the interiors cleaned out, but don't wash it as often as I should.