Keeping my regular headlights on at the same time as the hi-beams

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by McClintoc, Feb 18, 2014.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I know some people around here have done this. I remember something about a relay but what all do I need to do this conversion and how difficult is it?

I want my regular headlights to stay on even when I flip on the brights.

I'd like to do this the same time I replace my headlight housings and my grille which could be this weekend or the next.

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Here's a Web Site, that sells the 4-Hi Headlight Mod Conversion Kit,
    http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/high-4_headlight_conversion_kit/132/intellitronixitx00129d-.aspx#

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I asked the same question on another forum (a computer/tech forum with a small automotive subforum) and someone there linked me to a site where people were simply grounding a single wire that was previously ungrounded. Is that recommended and/or safe?

Perhaps MADS99, er [MENTION=25593]99'HEARTBEAT[/MENTION], can enlighten us. :)

5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Clint....after I installed the 4-Hi Headlight Mod Conversion Kit above on my Truck, I then heard, that by locating on the Passenger-Side Headlight, the Yellow Wire, and Splicing into it and then adding some of the same Gauge Wire, and then running that wire to a Solid Ground, in the end it gives you the 4-Hi Mod....and as far as I know, the ones that have Done this Mod "Splicing into Yellow Wire" have had no problems....

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  6. dave13net

dave13net Member

LMC truck has a kit for this, LMC truck.com