1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Kennedy shot in Dallas - 50 years ago today.

Discussion in 'TX - North Texas Chevy Truck Club' started by ChevyFan, Nov 22, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

RIGHT NOW, I'm about 1/4 mile away from Parkland Hospital, where Kennedy was taken after he was shot. I'm about 4 miles north of Dealey Plaza, and I'm planning to drive by there on my way home this afternoon to pay my respects, maybe grab a photo or two, tell my grandkids about it one day.
  2. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member

I have been there a time or two, stood upon the grassy area and sat at the eternal flame, he was a great President, I actually have a trunk full of original news papers from day one that runs for 30 days, my folks saved that for me , I dont know why, or why I have kept them all these years, I do know a couple of those news papers landed me a grade or two while in school when we were studing the issue. lol. The news papers were very yellowed and brittle looking a few years ago when I last checked on them in the storage container.