1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Key crank and 33's

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by stevenf, Jan 28, 2009.

1. stevenf

stevenf New Member

I am getting a 2005 Z71. Just looking at my options and what it will look like. I want to level it and tuck some 33's under it. What type of gas milage are you 33" guys getting?
  2. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you are getting the big gas motor expect to loose 2 to 3 MPG unless all of your driving is highway then it will be a bit better.
  3. mjalstad

mjalstad Rockstar 100 Posts

On my 97 Suburban 5.7 with 5" of lift and 33s I was seeing about 1.5 mpg less than stock on the highway. With 35's it went down about 2.5mpg. While theoretically your highway MPG should be better, it's going to place a harder load on your powertrain from the different overall gear and the increased ride height and will probably decrease your mileage.
  4. stevenf

stevenf New Member

Im not sure what engine it is coming with. Im getting it from someone who repairs salvaged vehicles. I needed a work truck, 4x4,extended cab,v8. What is the most common engine option in the 2005 z71's? Any pictures on 33's?
  5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

it is probably a 5.3l V8. Your gas mileage also depends on the kind of tires you get. It will decrease more with a mud terrain tire rather than an all terrain tire. I would recommend the BF Goodrich All terrain if you are doing mostly on road driving. they are pretty quiet and are great in almost anything