Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Key Stuck 1999 Yukon

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by doubledb, Jul 14, 2009.

1. doubledb

doubledb New Member

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix my stuck key problem. I pulled the dash on my 1999
    Yukon and when I put it back the key does not want to go into the lock position. It will start and run but when I turn it off it does not go far enough, the light on park, drive, etc is still on. Also the shifter is not as smooth as before. I have to play with it a little to get it in and out of park. I loosened the bolts holding the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]steering [COLOR=blue !important]column[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] on and moved it forward and back and it didn't make any difference.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    David

2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Your linkage is in a bind. Loosen the linkage at the transmission. Put it in park and make sure the key will come out. Now tighten the linkage back up and it's now adjusted.

3. doubledb

doubledb New Member

Key Stuck

Thanks I'll give it a try.