1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Keyless entry just stopped

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by drumm14, Nov 30, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. drumm14

drumm14 Member

My keyless entry just stopped one day. I reprogrammed the remotes and it worked agian for about a day and now It won't work again!!! I tried to reset the system by disconnecting the battery but that didn't work... I'm thinking its the PDM, however, all functions still work on both doors!!

Any help?
  2. J_chevyman

J_chevyman Rockstar

Hey you might need to get a new controller, same thing happened to mine. I thought I just needed a new battery so I went to Kragen got a new battery...it worked for like a day then didnt work so I thought it was the battery but they tested it on some machine type thing they have and it said the battery was fine they said it was the control...went to the dealer got a new one...works like new...hope this helps:great:
  3. drumm14

drumm14 Member

Ok so today I took my passenger door panel off an un plugged my PDM. I put it back together and the alarm went off (good sign) i reprogrammed the remote and all worked fine. I was in class for about 4 hours and I go to get in it and bam battery is dead. This same thing happened when the remote keyless stopped working. So i jumped the truck it runs and lo and behold remote keyless wont work again. So I guess a new Power window switch (PDM) is in need. FML and I have finals coming up.
  4. silvercat19

silvercat19 New Member

How much was the "control"? What control are you referring to and how much did it cost? Thanks

5. XS ive

XS ive Rockstar 100 Posts

I think he may mean the remote? I've seen them from a sponsor here pretty inexpensive.
  6. J_chevyman

J_chevyman Rockstar

Yea sorry i ment remote, I got them from the advertising thing here, i think it was like $70
  7. drumm14

drumm14 Member

I have a new remote and Did the programming sequence which still didn't work. I got a new PDM and the key less door locks still will not work. but they all work with the buttons on the doors.
  8. GMPartsClub

GMPartsClub Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts GMTC Sponsor

We are a sponsoring member of this forum and sell chevy remotes, let us know if we can help you!