1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Keyless entry not working

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by leadpan101, Feb 15, 2009.

1. leadpan101

leadpan101 Rockstar

My keyless entry stopped working about 2 months ago, at first i did care, but now it bugs me, so i replaced the battery, still nothing, even at autozone they had a tester for the remotes, and its not the remote, i was wondering if anyone new if there is a fuse or something like that for it. Also my light on just the steering wheel controls stopped working, any ideas?
  2. zachh1020

zachh1020 Rockstar 100 Posts

Same problem here with the keyless.
  3. b8k2jha

b8k2jha Member

I had the same problem with my 2002 silvarado after my battery went dead after I tried the reset procedure in the owners manual (dident work) a freind told me he had the same problem and fixed it by disconnecting the trucks battery for a minute and reconnecting it, I tried it and it worked.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  4. zachh1020

My battery have been disconnected several times since this happened and it still doesn't work. Wish it was that easy though. Is there a fuse to the receiver itself?
  5. b8k2jha

b8k2jha Member

Not sure if there is or not did you try that reset procedure in your owners manual?
  6. b8k2jha

b8k2jha Member

On my 2002 the fuse is in the under hood fuse box fuse id (TBC) body control module, remote keyless entry.
  7. zachh1020

Tried the Reset and the fuse is fine. Damn, I guess I'll just have to take it somewhere.
  8. b8k2jha

b8k2jha Member

These new body controlers are making alout more problems to deal with, even new heavy trucks are using them to control eveything from guages and lights to air horns and wipers. Just replaced one for a customer to the tune of $700.00 for the controler because his air horn quit working!!