Keyless Remote not working/Back door won't open/Back windshield not working

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Neka, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Neka

Neka New Member

Hello..Hoping to get some help with this problem that I just encountered a couple days ago. Well I have a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer and it has 45,000 miles on it. I guess these "problems" start arising once you pass the warranty mark right?? haha. I just got the idle pulley replaced, at first it was diagnosed that the fan clutch needed to be replaced, but turned out to be the idle pulley. Now a week later, the keyless remotes don't work, the back door won't open, not even the window, and the rear windshield wiper won't work. Anybody have any solutions to this before I take it into the dealership and really hoping to not pay an arm and a leg for the cost of repairs??? I'm thinking of trading this in very soon!:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2007
  2. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro Rockstar 100 Posts

Try first by checking your fuse box, thats way too many things going out at once, you may have a short somewhere or some wires fused together recently. Did the window slowly start to die? or did it one day just stop completely? Also try opening the door and getting the window to open. (wires could be getting pinched)

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Any update on this issue? Did you find a blown fuse?

4. suemomof2

suemomof2 New Member

Have you had this problem fixed? My 04 does the same thing. Dealer tells me its bc I have "stuff" in the back that causes it to mess up!!!

5. Neka

Neka New Member

Keyless Remote/back liftgate

I had no choice but to get it repaired, cost me 600.00 to fix. They had to replace a module in the door, replace batteries in remote, and reprogram. Go figure, when the truck hits 36,000 miles, everything goes wrong and messes up!

6. Armystrong73

Armystrong73 New Member

06 tahoe

My 06 Tahoes' rear door nor window open the front door buttons lock and unlock all the other doors and also the remote seems to be working the manuel talks about inserting the key to the rear door but this model does not have a the key hole . I would like to find out if any one knows if there is a single and seperate fuse to the rear door the manuel doesn't memtion this - and also how to open the door without damageing it there has to be a way because how else would the dealers tech accomplise this Right?