Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Keyless Remote Unlock not working, New Post

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by esbmann, Dec 8, 2013.

1. esbmann

esbmann New Member

Thank you first of all to all initial replies offering assistance. Here's where I am at now. Lock still working, Unlock not working. WWe have eliminated the Remotes. Went to the fuse block under the hood. When I depress the Lock button I can here the Parking Light Relay click and you can put you're finger on it and feel it. Nothing happens at the Parking Light Relay when I depress the Unlock. Found the fuse block on the side of the dash panel ,looked at the schematic on the cover , it indicates that thios is where the three relays should, I can see the Five Pin hloes in the fuse block, however their are no relays in this block, not a single one. I am guessing this truck is somehow different than most, I have owned this truck since August and everything was working fine up until about two weeks ago. Was hoping that someone might have some additional input for me today. Frustrated and about to take it to the dealer. Thanks. Mike.

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Pretty sure you need relays, move the lock relay to the unlock relay position and try the remotes.

ps, keeping the original thread going would prevent an duplicate suggestions being posted.

3. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

with the diagram I have there is a lock and unlock door relay.I would swap them they are the same.

you should also have unlock fuses. unlock jumper fuse also . these are 15 amp and 30 amp. my diagram my not be for your specific vehicle but you get the idea.

now all this after you work your remote key pad keys being hit goes into and these relays are controlled by the BCM SO if all the relays and fuses are good sure can be the BCM.

all doors no unlock 2003 silverado ...

4. esbmann

esbmann New Member

There is a reason that I did not keep the original thread ging, I had new info that I wanted new people to look at. THERE ARE NOOOOO LOCK AND UNLOCK RELAYS IN EITHER FUSE BLOCK, THAT IS WHAT I POSTED.

5. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I would get an all data subscription for access to the diagram for your vehicle . you will save a lot of trouble when you have the correct wiring component info.

you may luck out and get a member to send you the door control wiring/fuse/relay diagram .

I have all the helms manuals for my vehicles well worth the 100 USD I payed for ea one...