1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Kinds of Gas

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by asstda2b, Sep 23, 2005.

1. asstda2b

asstda2b Rockstar 100 Posts

Ok, so i was made fun of last night because even though87 gas is 2.89 and 92 is 3.05, I have been putting in 92 gas lately. No I have not really noticed a change, but everyone knows I did a bunch of stuff to my TB, mine isn't stock. I guess what I want to know is.....am I the only dork who puts 92 in their TB and everyone else puts 87. I am just wondering. also, if you p ut 92 do you notice a difference.
  2. hawkce

hawkce New Member

the only thing 92 is for is if you have a high compression engine. Try using 87 and if your truck starts knocking and running sluggishly then try the 89 to see if it's enough to stop it. If that doesn't work go back to 92.
  3. ScarabEpic22

ScarabEpic22 New Member

Yeah, what hawkce said, dont run higher than needed octane gas, it will only cost you more and with the compression ratio of the TB I6 engine, it could result in a piston carbon deposit over time. Unless you have a Westers tune or a Jet Chip that requires 89+ octane, you are probably better off running 87 or whatever lowest it takes to not have any knocking.
  4. Outlaw5.0

Outlaw5.0 New Member

I run 89 octane, why chance knock for a few cents. I run a developement dynamometer for a living, so I know what 87 octane can do, and not do.