1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Knock sensor location on a 93 k1500 with a 5.7 litre

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by pook7one, Jan 26, 2008.

Random Gallery Photos

1. pook7one

pook7one New Member

anyone know where the knock sensor is locATED N MY FATHERS 1993 CHEVY K1500 4X4 PICKUP. I WAS THINKING IT WAS NEAR THE STARTER, BUT IM NOT SURE
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

There may be one or two on the motor. They are typically on the lower portion of the block near the oil pan rail. It's an odd-lookng cylinder that just kind of sticks off the block with no apparent use or reason.
  3. zippy

zippy Member 100 Posts

Yep, near the starter, if your 5.7 (L05) is like mine (I just pulled the one from my C-1500 1993 Burb). It's above the pan line near the dipstick aperture. Look on the opposite side of the engine and you'll see a drain plug with a square head. I mention this to remind you, the knock sensor works by listening in engine's coolant. Remove the sensor and be ready with a bucket (even with the radiator drained). There's not much excitement down there, why do you want to know?
  4. chevytruckinrem85

chevytruckinrem85 New Member

why are you replacing it, im curious because i think it might be my problem.
    i have been reading alot of forums and asking a lot of questions and everyone thinks this is my problem.

are you having engine running problems if so what are the symtoms.