1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Knock Sensor

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by lilbrett, Feb 3, 2008.

1. lilbrett

lilbrett New Member

Okay so I was in New Orleans last weekend and I filled up, five minutes later my engine light comes on :grrrrrr:so I go to Auto Zone to get the Code pulled. They tell me it's the knock sensor, I asked them if bad gas could cause it and explained to them what had happened and they said yes. I then ran a can of Sea Foam through it to try to clean it up, it helped a little bit, but the light came on again.:grrrrrr: I went back to Auto Zone and pulled the code again, I was leaving the next morning so I put a bottle of fuel system cleaner in and filled up with supreme, that lasted about 150 miles then my light came on again.:grrrrrr: When I got back to Bossier City I went back to Auto Zone and had the code pulled again and added a bottle of Lucas upper cylinder lubricant and injector cleaner that lasted almost a week then my light came on again. :grrrrrr:So I guess my question is, have any of you had a problem like this with yall's trucks or cars. More so the truck side so I could get some help on swapping mine out if need be. I am going to be doing a tune up on it when I get my tax return, I am going to pull my plugs and see if they got clogged up from the gas.