1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

know any good snow tires?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by chevyman2004, Aug 24, 2009.

1. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 New Member

i'm looking at getting new tires before too long and i was looking for a good a/t that is exceptional in snow and ice. Any suggestions or experiences? Price wise not too spendy, around $200
  2. Big B

Big B New Member

Bbbbbb

Can you say Blizzak.
    Un believeable, put 4 on and throw the chains...
    Just trust me..........
  3. dixie1865

dixie1865 New Member

Check out Goodyear Duratrac. I don't personally own these , but they are an All Terrain tire that have the Mountain/ Snowflake symbol (rated for severe snow). They may be a bit above what you wanted to pay per tire though.
  4. rmagni

rmagni New Member

I just use the same tires I use during the summer, oh yeah I live in Florida :fighting0072:
    Robert
  5. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts

look at the goodyear duratrac or the Wrangler silent armor both are have the snowflake rating
  6. Big B

Big B New Member

Rmagni, Ha, good one!
    :happy:
  7. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts

8. Offshore24

Offshore24 New Member

I'm going with studded General Altimax Arctics this time around. I had Blizzaks and they were great, but I'm going studded this time as I will be using the truck less for daily driving than for bad weather and towing a sled trailer in the winter. When it's snowing and you've got a 6 hour drive ahead of you you want TRACTION!
  9. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

I would say the Duratrac, and silent armour, when i can afford it I will be getting the Duratracs.