know any good snow tires?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by chevyman2004, Aug 24, 2009.

1. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 Rockstar 100 Posts

i'm looking at getting new tires before too long and i was looking for a good a/t that is exceptional in snow and ice. Any suggestions or experiences? Price wise not too spendy, around $200

2. Big B

Big B Member

Bbbbbb

Can you say Blizzak.
    Un believeable, put 4 on and throw the chains...
    Just trust me..........

3. dixie1865

dixie1865 New Member

Check out Goodyear Duratrac. I don't personally own these , but they are an All Terrain tire that have the Mountain/ Snowflake symbol (rated for severe snow). They may be a bit above what you wanted to pay per tire though.

4. rmagni

rmagni Rockstar

I just use the same tires I use during the summer, oh yeah I live in Florida :fighting0072:
    Robert

5. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

look at the goodyear duratrac or the Wrangler silent armor both are have the snowflake rating

6. Big B

Big B Member

Rmagni, Ha, good one!
    :happy:

7. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

8. Offshore24

Offshore24 New Member

I'm going with studded General Altimax Arctics this time around. I had Blizzaks and they were great, but I'm going studded this time as I will be using the truck less for daily driving than for bad weather and towing a sled trailer in the winter. When it's snowing and you've got a 6 hour drive ahead of you you want TRACTION!

9. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would say the Duratrac, and silent armour, when i can afford it I will be getting the Duratracs.