1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Know of any good sites?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Scratchy_Joe, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Scratchy_Joe

Scratchy_Joe New Member

Any good sites for 70's-90's model gm trucks. I enjoy this site but it seems to be gear'd to the more recent years.
  2. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Check out the groups on here, there are some that are tailored towards your truck, and you can post messages to that group. Also, I like the 70's and 80's trucks, post away.
  3. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I don't know Joe. I'd like to find a parts site that had stuff for my '88 Silverado, like a lift kit, a dropped pitman arm etc. I don't know if they ever made stuff back then, or if they just don't make stuff for them now, since they may consider that it's just a 23 years old P.O.S. :neutral:

Al, how do we find out information on the groups here? None of them seem to be very active. Some haven't been active for months..
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  4. racekid91

racekid91 New Member 100 Posts

Pretty much all of the GM Truck Forums (Fullsizechevy.com/gmfullsize.com/and gmtruckclub.com) are going to be geared towards the newer trucks. However, each site does have people who own and enjoy the older trucks. You just need to look harder bud.
  5. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 New Member 100 Posts

GM-Trucks dot com is the place you're looking for. Lots of traffic, and not so much "young stuff" and bad talkin'. Not trying to make anybody mad here; just answering your question.
  6. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm probably not the best one to ask since the one group I setup has all of 2 members, me and Steve. :) Anyway, you can start a new group if you'd like it's up to the members of each group to post discussions and respond. You should confirm with the moderators, but I don't think the group discussions get posted with the other forum threads. There are a lot of guys on here with 80s and 90s trucks. I'm sure you could get a group together, maybe setup by body style...sorry I can't be of more assistance.
  7. 4Birdman

4Birdman New Member

Coloradok5.com is good, been a member there for years.
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Huh, that's in interesting response.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

We can make new sub-forums on here and I can develop it in such a way that we can draw in people pretty quickly searching for the types of topics that you're looking for. What exactly are you looking for?
  9. racekid91

racekid91 New Member 100 Posts

Could you do something, like where we have GMT900 sections, GMT800, GMT400 and then like "Classics" which would be anything 1987 and later.

Just my thought, it would make finding information a little bit easier. I know I find a lot of info out of the GM Trucks section, but not so much in the SUV section. And pretty much all info for GMT400 Trucks and SUV's is the same. Just like how it's the same for GMT800 trucks/suv's and GMT900.

Like, having the sub-forum named "GMT400". Which would have all information for 88-99 Classic Trucks, and 92-00 SUV's.

GMT800 would be for 99-07 Classic Trucks, and 00-06 SUV's

GMT900 would be for 07+Trucks and SUV's

And ofcourse doing the same for the classic's and for S-10's and such
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  10. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I kinda like that idea...