Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Know the Facts - AMSOIL Saves You Money!

Discussion in '1st Synthetics' started by 1st Synthetics, Apr 22, 2009.

1. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

AMSOIL extended drain intervals means fewer oil changes, long term savings and convenience. Even if you drive only 12,000 miles per year, the cost for AMSOIL motor oil is less than you pay for petroleum oil now! And you still get better wear protection, lower engine temperatures, improved fuel efficiency and easier cold-weather starts. All of these benefits add up to reduced operating costs and longer engine life. Change your oil and filter today and in 12 months change the oil and filter again. That’s it! What could be more convenient and good for your vehicle, too?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Buy online here

Contact me

Remember Preferred Customers always save up to 30% on all AMSOIL products

Scott Douglass
    AMSOIL Dealer
    248-721-1002
  2. ridnrimz

ridnrimz Rockstar 100 Posts

I've always wanted to use Amsoil in my truck... just been using mobil 1 extended mileage since I can't find anyone out here in the boonies that sells Amsoil!
  3. mburn039

mburn039 Rockstar

Does any body know anything about this product? I haven't used it before and I'm not sure if I would.

Mike
  4. ridnrimz

ridnrimz Rockstar 100 Posts

The results of this oil are undeniable. If you are considering this oil at least give it a try one time. Don't buy the XL, I'd buy the one that recommends the oil change once a year... ONCE A YEAR. You won't get that anywhere else... except my moms BMW has two oil filters and is set up already for a once a year oil change from the factory. Amsoil will keep your motor safe, run more efficiently, and cost you much less in the long run. Just think of all the time you'll save by not changing your oil 4 times a year... not to mention it's environmentally friendly. Just go to their website, check it out... hell, google "amsoil reviews" and see what you get...
  5. 1st Synthetics

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]AMSOIL has been on the market scene 1972 when Al Amatuzio formulated the first synthetic motor oil in the world to meet API service requirements for automobile engines. All of AMSOIL's products are made right here in the USA "Superior , WI."

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]AMSOIL has a documented history of innovation and leadership.[/FONT]

• First to develop an API-rated 100 percent synthetic motor oil.
    • First to introduce the concept of "extended drain intervals" with a recommended 25,000-mile/1-year drain interval.
    • First U.S. company to utilize the NOACK volatility test as a standard of performance excellence.
    • First to produce synthetic motor oils for diesel engines, racing engines, turbo and marine engines.
    • First to introduce synthetic oils that legitimately contribute to improving fuel efficiency.
    • First to manufacture synthetic gear lube for automotive use.
    • First to manufacture a 100:1 pre-mix synthetic 2-cycle oil.
    • First to manufacture a synthetic automatic transmission fluid for automotive use.

Click here to see AMSOIL's Warranty

Satisfied Customers and Testimonials

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
  6. 1st Synthetics

Save with better fuel economy also!

Better Fuel Economy
    Fuel economy is becoming more important with each passing year. Gas and diesel prices keep rising, putting a major strain on businesses that rely on vehicles and heavy equipment in their daily operations. AMSOIL synthetic lubricants improve fuel economy by allowing moving parts to move more freely, using less energy and creating less friction than when conventional lubricants are used. The use of AMSOIL synthetic motor oil, gear lubes and transmission fluids can have a profound impact on fuel economy. Industry tests demonstrate an average conservative decrease in fuel consumption by two to five percent by switching to synthetic lubricants. Many AMSOIL customers report even larger gains in fuel economy.

Visit our online store by clicking here.
  7. Wrench

Wrench Rockstar

idk what it is, but im still somewhat not sold on synthetics. The crappy part is that im a mechanic and see people use it everyday. my 07 silverado is my first major investment in anything. i know i read that its better than dino oil, but still got the scared side of me sayin to stay dino oil. how you guys switch? just jump the gun and say screw it and spend the extra cash and try it once?
  8. 1st Synthetics

Synthetic is far superior to conventional

Step up to the 21st century in oil and stop using that 20th century stuff. No matter what conventional oil is contaminated right out of the bottle and there is no way possible for it not to be. AMSOIL the only 100% synthetic oil (since 1972) is the cleanest and best protecting oil on the market. This has been proven over and over and is one main reason why you will never see any other oil company compare itself to AMSOIL.

The answer on how to switch? just buy it and change it. I do recommend running AMSOIL engine flush when you switch. The engine flush gets any deposits and or sludge from the conventional oil out. This gives you a cleaner engine and will make better use of the synthetic oil.

Yes it does cost more per quart, but that is where it stops. AMSOIL will save you money in quite a few ways as stated in the above posts.
  9. Wrench

Wrench Rockstar

would i need to buy engine flush if the truck only has 37,000 on it?
  10. 1st Synthetics

I do recommend it if you were using conventional oil. Read this:

Why Clean Your Engine?
    Chances are, when your engine was new it delivered the power and fuel efficiency it was designed for. But now, as your engine accumulates miles, things are happening that are adversely affecting its performance. Slowly but surely, your engine is gathering harmful deposits that will eventually cost you money.
    Even though you may follow a routine service schedule, your driving conditions may be far from routine. Stop and go driving, prolonged periods of idling, short trips that don't allow your engine time to warm up, towing a trailer, the ingestion of airborne dirt, fuel dilution, water condensation, and oxidized oil will eventually cause the formation of a thick, gummy deposit known as sludge. Settling throughout the engine, sludge will clog oil passages, restricting the flow of oil to vital engine parts, especially in the upper valve train areas.

Don't put clean oil in a dirty engine!

When an engine gets dirty, even regular oil changes can't help restore its operating efficiency. The detergen/dispersants in most conventional engine oils can't handle the abnormal amounts of contamination found in a "dirty" engine. The new oil becomes dirty long before it should, losing much of its ability to lubricate and protect your engine and actually accelerating the formation of more sludge and varnish.

In this age of longer recommended drain intervals, it is especially important to have a clean engine before changing oil. Using AMSOIL Fast Acting Engine Flush when you change oil is an excellent way to guarantee your engine stays clean. It has special solvents and cleaning agents that act fast but gently to remove harmful deposits that can cost you money in excessive fuel consumption and mechanical repairs.

AMSOIL Engine Flush is especially recommended for use before changing to AMSOIL Synthetic Motor Oils, assuring that these super premium long life oils provide the maximum protection and service life they are designed to deliver.