Kodiak fishing 2009

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by bograu223, Jan 2, 2010.

1. bograu223

bograu223 New Member

SANY0881.JPG

SANY0853.jpg

August 22, 2009 027.jpg

CAB661NJ.jpg

mower and fishing 005.JPG Being as I'm sure there are a few folks on this site that share my love of fishing, I thought I'd share a few pics from the 2009 season. Enjoy....

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Nice....So that is what a Salmon looks like.....Down here in Calif will have Not been able Fish for Salmon for going on 3years it Sucks!!!....Love your Proline,My Dad has a Proline and I really enjoy Fishing on it.

3. bograu223

bograu223 New Member

Thanks, I know what you mean as far as west coast salmon fishing. I grew up in western washington in Tacoma, salmon fishing was great in Pudget Sound as a kid (70's and 80's) but now it's dead. Staying here is Alaska as long as possible.

Nice truck by the way!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Wow those are nice Salmon, just like the one's on the Discovery channel that you usually never see in real life. My dad always wanted to live in Alaska, but I couldn't live without all of my fancy electrical gadgets!

One stupid question though, what kind of fish is that in the second picture down. It is white on one side, and like brownish color on the other side? I know I've seen it before, but it don't look like no Salmon?? :happy:

5. bograu223

bograu223 New Member

Those beauties are pacific halibut,VERY tasty fish. Average size is 25 to 70lbs. Biggest one I've caught was 82lbs, my wife caught a 126 lb'r about 10 years ago. 450 lb halibut was caught this year on south side of the Island...too dry and tough when they get that big. Here are a couple of the bigger Halibut I've caught recently.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  6. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Looks like someone had fun!:lol: Thanks for the pictures! :glasses:

7. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks like i good time, Great pics!!!!

8. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

AWESOME pics!!! looks like you've had a lot of fun!!!

9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Makes me feel like going fishing!