1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Kook's Headers

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by aloxdaddy99, Jun 23, 2012.

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

Does anyone have any experience with Kook's brand headers? I am looking on Summit Racing and they offer these w/ Y pipe and a cat. Just want to know if it is worth the large difference in price. Or any other info that you may have about them.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

One of my friends from the Avalanche sites has them and I just sent him a mesg to get over here...
  3. aloxdaddy99

Thank you!! I thought a connected guy like you might know someone.
  4. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member

Be suer to have a look at American Racing Headers and Dynatech.... both can be purchased with high flow cats. These are what I am looking at for my trruck... both are pretty much the same but the ARH have larger header pipe option 1 7/8"..
  5. aloxdaddy99

When it comes to header's I have little to no knowledge about what makes one better than the other. Which one is better foe which RPM range. And so on and so on. With that being said what makes the other ones you listed [MENTION=11148]tim[/MENTION]Tom64b better than the other's? What was it about the ones you did or will choose that made you pull the trigger on those ones?
  6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

I had kooks headers and my cobra convert until I lowered it and made custom headers for clearance, but they are very good quality
  7. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member

The way I look a building HP is the quicker you can get the fuel in and exhaust gases out the better.... this then takes into my decision on the headers I would choose. The ARH are 1 7/8" pipes to 3" collector. The Kooks are 1 3/4. I know that does not sound like much... amount to 1/8 but consider that to the total volume of the pipe and it adds up. I also like the low flow cats... I had a similar combination on my monte ss and performance was awesome. Next thing I look at are fit and finish... to me it looks like a little more overall attention to detai... eventualy my truck is going to shows so I want the little better appearencel. Dont get me wrong I do not believe one could go wrong with any off these... I looked at all three and have made my decision and will order the ARH in the next week or so...:)
  8. aloxdaddy99

Thanks for the reply's. I know have some info to look at when I go to make my choice.
  9. The KiiD

The KiiD New Member

Hey im Enkeis friend he mentioned i strongly suggest KOOKS your paying a big price but the quality and performance that your getting is just mind boggling ive had them on my Avalanche for 3 weeks and i could not only hear but felt an immediate difference she just takes off and goes and she goes hard
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Thanks Kidd.... DSCF8973.jpg Here's a pic of his Av next to mine...His does sound sick when running..