1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

L.E.D. Bulbs

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by PwrBoatFan, Mar 13, 2008.

1. PwrBoatFan

PwrBoatFan New Member

I am thinking of switch my turn signal bulbs in my bumber lights to LED's. Has anybody had any issues doing this? I know some vehicles recognize the low power draw and throw the warning light for burned bulb on the dash. Does the 04 Suburban/Tahoe have any issues with this?

Thanks Nick
  2. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It will probably blink faster because it uses less power. I know thats how it works with cherokees and other jeeps. :neutral:
  3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I want to say that you can buy some type of resitive load to put inline with one of the lights to create the load that a regular lamp would pull so that the car does not warn you about burned bulbs. I'm not sure where you can get it from though.
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I had a set of projector headlights in my silverado 05', and I had a total of 12 led turning bulbs. I even had the multi color changing ones from auto zone, I didn't have to do anything to mine. Ironically they were the only thing that worked in those stupid halo headlights, but everybody's different!