L33, 5.3 litre engine

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by LS05, Nov 3, 2010.

Newest Photos

1. LS05

LS05 New Member

anybody got an L33 5.3 litre engine vin number "B"?

I can not find the PCV valve on this engine
    it is not where the good old haynes manual says it is
    but thats not a suprise it covers too many models :no:
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The PCV Valve on most Gen III engines is Located towards the back on the driver side Valve Cover......its to the left in the picture,

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  3. LS05

LS05 New Member

yeah mike thats exactly what haynes says as well
    thanks for the pic and nice Truck by the way

I don't have that rubber gromet on the left valve cover in the pic

Mine has a steel nipple in that spot, that is pressed in and a plastic line
    with a rubber elbow that fits over it that of course goes back into the top of the intake.
    but no PCV valve.I'm gonna get a hold of the dealer parts guy
    because I can't find the EGR valve either
    I found a diagram of my motor on this site but it shows nothing but PCV tubes
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I see you have a......2005" Silverado with a 5.3 liter......in 2004"and up...the PVC Valve is made in the Valve Cover it is Not removable....this is something I found out about from a previous thread here on the site and from a friend who is a mechanic.

On the EGR Valve.....Starting
    In 2002" the factory removed them.....and this I had confirmed with my local Chevy Dealer.
  5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

yeah the pcv valve is not removable on that. I found that out after trying to remove mine:no:.