L33, 5.3 litre engine

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by LS05, Nov 3, 2010.

1. LS05

LS05 New Member

anybody got an L33 5.3 litre engine vin number "B"?

I can not find the PCV valve on this engine
    it is not where the good old haynes manual says it is
    but thats not a suprise it covers too many models :no:

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The PCV Valve on most Gen III Engines is Located Towards the Back on the Driver-Side Valve Cover......its To the Left in the Picture,

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  3. LS05

LS05 New Member

yeah mike thats exactly what haynes says as well
    thanks for the pic and nice Truck by the way

I don't have that rubber gromet on the left valve cover in the pic

Mine has a steel nipple in that spot, that is pressed in and a plastic line
    with a rubber elbow that fits over it that of course goes back into the top of the intake.
    but no PCV valve.I'm gonna get a hold of the dealer parts guy
    because I can't find the EGR valve either
    I found a diagram of my motor on this site but it shows nothing but PCV tubes

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I See you Have a......2005" Silverado with a 5.3 liter......in 2004"and up...the PVC Valve is Made in the Valve Cover it is Not removable....this is something I Found Out about from a previous Thread here on the Site....

On the EGR Valve.....Starting In 2002" the Factory Removed Them.....and this I had Confirmed by My Local Chevy Dealer.

5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

yeah the pcv valve is not removable on that. I found that out after trying to remove mine:no:.