1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

L5 10s or 12s?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by chevymanlobo, Jul 20, 2010.

1. chevymanlobo

chevymanlobo Rockstar

ok so i was just wondering how the kicker L5 10s under the back seat of my 09 1500 compare to the same set up but with the infinity 1262w 12s or the kicker solo classic 10s... any other kicker/infinity sub that would fit in a 6.5" mounting depth box. which would be louder? ive had the infinity before but ive heard the L5s were louder than those. thanks

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

For loud I would go with the Kicker..If you want a cleaner sound look in to the JL w3's.

3. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Doesn't really answer your question, but I love my new Alpine Type E's (2 10s)...really responsive, and loud enough to not be able to listen on full volume for more than 15 mins. I wish I could have gotten Type R's, but there was no way those would have fit in the underseat box that I already had for my Rockford Fosgate P1S4s.

4. chevymanlobo

chevymanlobo Rockstar

the reason im asking about the kicker and the infinity subwoofers is because my cousin has a local shop that are kicker and infinity dealers so i can get them for a really good price. im thinking now its between the kicker solo classic 10s or the L5 10s

5. jlwz71

jlwz71 New Member

I have 2 L5s under the back seat in my 99

[​IMG]

6. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

ok this is almost the exact set up that im looking for.. im looking for either the l5 and l7 10's right now... im back with my kicker cvt 12's because i just took my l7 15 out of my truck.. how do these subs sound? im looking for a sub that will kick good but will still hit and roll on the lower notes pretty decently...

also how many watts are u running and how much air space do you have in these boxes?

7. jlwz71

jlwz71 New Member

1200 true rms JBL amp, about .8 ft per box which is tight for them but they kick the hell out of the truck. I installed dynomat in the truck because it was vibrating every damn thing in the there. If I mounted the amp on the back wall I could squeeze in more airspace I like the amp where it is.