Labor Day Weekend Plans???

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 29, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just curious what everyone's got planned for the big Labor Day weekend. I don't know where the summer went, I blinked and missed it! Has been a VERY busy year, a ton going on, but we can't stop time can we?

What's everyone got planned? Burgers, cookouts, camping? Anyone have to work? Anyone going on a trip?

2. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I have big plans. I have to work and serve customers. I work in the meat dept for a grocery store here in town. So please everyone be kind to the workers please. lol

3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i've been down in cape may in south jersey for the last week enjoying the beach and doin a lot of fishing, than im off to school on monday

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Stayin home this weekend, probably cook a Brisquit Saturday and Burgers Sunday. Gotta work Monday, then I leave for 2 weeks in Las Vegas Wednesday.

5. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i have plans to go hunting monday tuesday for dove ..but with hurricane gustav churning my plans may get changed ...along wiith my truck blowing away

6. RockHead

RockHead Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I'm going to take the Boat out and do alot of Wake Borading and Tubing .........:great:

7. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Headed out early tomorrow morning to go to a farmer's market (once a month, last saturday of the month) for some special purchases and then we're off on a little overnight road trip to St. Louis.

Considering wrapping a roast in aluminum foil and sticking it in the engine compartment to get in the requisite labor day "bbq"... :wink:

8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

If you did that and photo documented it, i'd send you a free club sticker for your troubles!

9. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i think it is worth it!

10. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What if I did it on the non-GM truck vehicle? Does that still count?

Slight difference in gas expense between the 4 hour drive in the v6 mustang as opposed to the 'burban..

But I'm game!