1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Labor Day Weekend Plans

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 30, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Labor Day Weekend 2012!
    What's everyone got planned for Labor Day Weekend? We're heading up to some friend's for a full Saturday about two hours away from here, one of their kids has a birthday that day and we'll just hang out and grill and let the kids play while the grown-ups act like kids and just enjoy the time together.

On Monday I think we're going to hit the malls to look for some final back-to-school stuff that we need. I know I need a new shelving system in the garage and we're talking about some fall projects in the kids rooms for some new built-in shelves and bookcases now that they're getting older and getting more stuff. My oldest loves to read and goes through a couple of books per week so he's going to need some more space to store it all ... not to mention all of his baseball stuff too.

2. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Working 12hrs of on call everyday but I will be trying to get some scuffs out of my tires from the kid. Saturday going 4 wheeling for a while, that is about all I have planed so far. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

A pig-pickin'. (What northerners and mid-westerners would call a hog roast.) It's lots of work but well worth it, as it pulls people together in way that has no equal. Food is, after all, a highly social thing ... and BBQ is always a very local thing.

(BBQ in the south, for you midwesterners, is de facto pork ... usually with a spicy vinegar based sauce ... not beef with red sauce like it is in Texas or Kansas.)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Working Saturday, taking the family on the boat for a few hours Sunday, back to work on Monday.
    A new Paragon outlet mall opened a few miles from the house and is advertising a sale this weekend so I'm sure the wife will be able to keep herself busy while I'm at work.

5. SurrealOne

What's a Paragon outlet mall? I know it's an outlet mall (duh!), but should I have derived something from the Paragon name/label?

6. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I agree with that, its an awesome get together! Got to love pork with spicy vinegar sauce that makes ya sweat :glasses:

This weekend looks like I'll be washing the truck and probably calling insurance for another windshield due to a rock being thrown from a truck's tire and hitting it, so the chip is going to bug me if I don't get it fixed.

7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Probably hasnt spread out to NC yet but its a huge chain of outlet malls, they have outlet malls along the west coast and their building their way across the country headed to the east coast.
    Their MO is to pick a major city and build 3 outlet malls spread out around the area but along well traveled interstates.
    They load the mall with stores like Saks, Coach, etc. and advertise great bargains with factory direct product, overstocks, and blemishes but when you go to shop the prices are normally about the same as any other mall.
    I will say though last week my wife did find me a nice leather medium weight motorcycle riding jacket in Harley Davidsons late 60's style and colors for $70 at Wilsons leather.

8. SurrealOne

[MENTION=14295]tbplus10[/MENTION], nice find on the jacket and thanks for the explanation. I don't think I'll be shopping at one of those if it appears; bait-and-switch ticks me off.

9. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Work 6a to 6p both Saturday and Sunday. But might take the bike north and ride some trails monday

10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

a lot of those kind of places have tool stores in them. I know that place, and if they are open I'm going to browse through there to look for some deals.