1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Lambo style hinge kit

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Z71 Coltman, Aug 7, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Z71 Coltman

Z71 Coltman Member

So, I was wondering if anyone had installed a lambo hinge kit. You know, the ones that open up. Seriously thinkin about savin up for a kit.

also, would like to know if yall think its worth the 1000-1300 dollars.

2. Falcone

Falcone Rockstar 100 Posts

I haven't installed one and no I definatly do not think they are worth the money unless its around the $1000 then maybe.. if you have nothing else left to do to your truck and you got money to blow then fill your boots. But it all comes down to you in the end and if you think they're worth it.

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

cant say as i would ever want these on any vehical i own.

to each there own tho.

Alex

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'm willing to bet on this board most will feel that price range is to high for a Lambo kit, probably any price range for a Lambo kit is to high.
    I installed one for a my daughters boyfriend a few years ago on his S-10 4x4, wasnt a hard job but I did see a lot of areas that I would consider weak points, give some thought to additional engineering if you put the kit on, the areas it bolts to werent designed to take that type and amount of stress.

5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Jeffro 2004 did Lambo doors on his. He's got the Lambo 45 degree doors & in one pic with them open it looks like a real pita to get in or out. You can click on his name & send him a pm & ask him about them. I'd be sure & ask him how the door jams are holding up cuz as Tim said above, they're not really designed for this.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?54909-The-paint-job-is-finished!!

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?56998-Article-January-2011-ROTM-Voting&daysprune=365

6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

[​IMG]

...but it's up to you.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  7. Z71 Coltman

Z71 Coltman Member

Thanks for the input.

I like what Falcone said. There's a lot better things I could spend my money on, I just think they are cool, and BOTH of my door hinges are screwed up.

I planned on welding them on instead of bolting on, I don't trust bolts on door hinges.

8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

You have a picture of your truck showing it twisted-up, I would have concerns with the lambo doors if you twist-up your truck often.

9. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Great pic Adam. Kinda says it all :)

10. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Forget about lambo doors, just take off them and put tube doors in :rofl:

[​IMG]