Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Largest Tire Size on Stock Rims?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by MentalMike, Nov 23, 2008.

1. MentalMike

MentalMike New Member

I've just upgraded from a 2000 Silverado 1500 to an 2006 Silverado 2500 HD Crew. It's a nice truck but in need of new tires and I was wondering how big I can go with the stock rims on the HD?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Mike

2. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My friends run 285 75 16 on their Duramaxes. If they rub at all it's very minimal.

3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

x2 on running a 285/75R16. what tires are you looking to get?

4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

5. MentalMike

MentalMike New Member

Darcy, thanks for the Welcome!

Pete, I was thinking either Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor or the Michelin LTX. But I would sure be open to suggestions of other tires to look at. I drive a mix of highway and back roads, and not much off road. I save that for my 2 wheeled vehicles!

Thanks for the feedback.

Mike

6. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

A lot of people like Michelin tires on here but I've never used them. I would suggest Cooper Discoverer ATR's. My dad has them on his suburban they are nice and quiet and work great in the snow.

7. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ive used the Good Yaer tires before - I love them. Quiet, good traction in mud, snow and sand.

8. KennyD

KennyD New Member

I have an 04 Silverado 2500 HD and do the same type of driving you do (higway and back roads) I've used ProComp ATs which are fine but have since replaced them with Nitto ATs, which I like very much. My stock wheel is a 17 inch...I can fit 305 70 17s on them without problem...you might have to adjust the torsion bar a bit to fit them, that's what I did and they fit great.

9. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome!

I have Kuhumo AT on stock size wheels
    orignally i ran the tires on the stock wheels untull i saved enough for wheels.

10. Innundo

Innundo New Member

I also run a 285/75R16 - 2004 Silverado 2500HD no lift... BFG A/T's if my memory serves...