Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

last sunday was a sad day for me....

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 95CTburb19, Mar 24, 2009.

1. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had to watch my burb get towed out of my driveway,
    [​IMG]

I destroyed the tranny back in july and it has just been sitting since then. 2 weeks ago I threw it up on craigslist for $400 and a week later a kid came and picked it up. :party:

2. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sorry for your loss. The pain will ease with time.

Look at the brightside you have $400 to play with.

3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

True Dat! It's no fun parting with something like that but the sadness will soon disappear.

4. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

What the hell? You shoulda posted it on here!!!! I woulda driven to CT and bought it!!!!!!!!! DAMN..

5. 10 Gauge

10 Gauge New Member

Wow $400 is a STEAL. Someone got a great deal, Im sure they're happy campers.

6. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That sucks. I hate getting rid of vehicles, which is probably why my driveway looks like a parking lot. On the bright side, $400 is a good chunk of change to put into another vehicle of yours.

7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

$400 Holy cow that seems really cheap for that, looking at the picture it looked like it was in really good shape. I know it would have been a pain, but couldn't you have parted that out for more than that? The interior alone you probably could have got $400 for, hell even the wheels and tires had to be worth something. Worst scenario I think you could have taken it to a scrap yard and got more than that, anyways that is definately a sad thing to witness your baby being pulled away. :glasses:

8. 178kchevy

178kchevy Member

As nice at it seems to be, why didn't you just fix it?

9. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

All you new guys have no idea how much of a piece that truck was... It was actually the reason I came here in the first place. every panel had a dent, and I Pine-striped the hell out of it offroading before I got my jeep. It had 3.42 gears and was sluggish as hell even with nothing behind it.

Yes I could have scrapped it and gotten more if I went like 9 months ago. Scrap prices went wayyy down, to the point where they will take it off your hands but won't give you a dime.

Yes I could have parted it out, but I'm up at school and having to deal with people coming to get parts or shipping them out would have been a pain. Also I have no time to take it apart. Tires were shot, they were just rollers I already sold the good ones on wheels. Motor was pretty beat intake gasket was just leaking like crazy.

Ct9a my driveway is a parking lot, Now that the burb is gone there are only 8 cars at my house.

I didn't fix it because it had 190k+ miles on it and there's already another one in the driveway.

And the $400 went to my dad because he loaned me money for my jeep tires a while back. I was just happy it went to another chevy owner :glasses: