last sunday was a sad day for me....

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 95CTburb19, Mar 24, 2009.

1. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had to watch my burb get towed out of my driveway,

I destroyed the tranny back in july and it has just been sitting since then. 2 weeks ago I threw it up on craigslist for $400 and a week later a kid came and picked it up. :party:
  2. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sorry for your loss. The pain will ease with time.

Look at the brightside you have $400 to play with.
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

True Dat! It's no fun parting with something like that but the sadness will soon disappear.
  4. Kady

Kady Epic Member 5+ Years GMTC Chick 100 Posts

What the hell? You shoulda posted it on here!!!! I woulda driven to CT and bought it!!!!!!!!! DAMN..
  5. 10 Gauge

10 Gauge New Member

Wow $400 is a STEAL. Someone got a great deal, Im sure they're happy campers.
  6. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That sucks. I hate getting rid of vehicles, which is probably why my driveway looks like a parking lot. On the bright side, $400 is a good chunk of change to put into another vehicle of yours.
  7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

$400 Holy cow that seems really cheap for that, looking at the picture it looked like it was in really good shape. I know it would have been a pain, but couldn't you have parted that out for more than that? The interior alone you probably could have got $400 for, hell even the wheels and tires had to be worth something. Worst scenario I think you could have taken it to a scrap yard and got more than that, anyways that is definately a sad thing to witness your baby being pulled away. :glasses:
  8. 178kchevy

178kchevy Member

As nice at it seems to be, why didn't you just fix it?
  9. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

All you new guys have no idea how much of a piece that truck was... It was actually the reason I came here in the first place. every panel had a dent, and I Pine-striped the hell out of it offroading before I got my jeep. It had 3.42 gears and was sluggish as hell even with nothing behind it.

Yes I could have scrapped it and gotten more if I went like 9 months ago. Scrap prices went wayyy down, to the point where they will take it off your hands but won't give you a dime.

Yes I could have parted it out, but I'm up at school and having to deal with people coming to get parts or shipping them out would have been a pain. Also I have no time to take it apart. Tires were shot, they were just rollers I already sold the good ones on wheels. Motor was pretty beat intake gasket was just leaking like crazy.

Ct9a my driveway is a parking lot, Now that the burb is gone there are only 8 cars at my house.

I didn't fix it because it had 190k+ miles on it and there's already another one in the driveway.

And the $400 went to my dad because he loaned me money for my jeep tires a while back. I was just happy it went to another chevy owner :glasses: