Late 2001 Suburban Electronic Issue! Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by amos97, Jan 7, 2008.

1. amos97

amos97 New Member

My Late 2000 Suburban 1500 developed an issue over the weekend. I was driving down the road and my tachometer, speedometer, odometer, gear position indicator, gas gauge and temperature gauge quit working. The oil gauge and voltage meter still work. When this happened the automatic transmission quit shifting, it appeared to have defaulted to 2nd or 3rd gear.

Initially when this happened I pulled over shut the vehicle down restarted and everything including the shifting momentarily came back. When a restart did not solve the problem a second time I disconnected the negative battery cable to try to reset the system. This did not work either! Any Ideas on what this could be???........Dean

2. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sounds that you have a grounding problem check all the grounding cables maybe you find the problem :neutral:

3. HI-TORQ

HI-TORQ New Member

I had the same happen on an 88 Chevy. The black battery cable had a fused link type of goo in it that had melted. We searched for the problem with our eyes and almost gave up. Testing must be done with an ohm meter.